Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Outlook sync issues

I am having an odd issue...

There are multiple calendars listed on my device (Bold), all for my BIS e-mail accounts.  I sync via DM 4.7 to my Outlook calendar, which is not tied to any of the BIS accounts (not allowed to add my device to BES, so need to sync contacts and calendar via USB).

When I recently synced my new device, I realized that all of the calendar entries were assigned to an e-mail account that I did not want used (sometimes things are sent from the calendar to work meeting attendees without explanation, so I want them to come from my blackberry e-mail, not a GMZ.com account.)  I subsequently changed the default account on the device to be the BB account and removed the GMZ account from BIS.  Now half the entries are tied to 'Default Account' and the other half to the 'blackberry.net' account.  To make matters worse, not everything is syncing to Outlook, so I have some appointments on the device that are not in Outlook and vice-versa.

I need everything on the device to be in Outlook and vice versa and all assigned to one BIS account (this whole concept of needing to have 6 different 'calendars' because I have 6 e-mail accounts is worthless to me, since NONE of them are used for calendar information...the calendar information is from my work account, which is not on the device).  How can I clean up this mess and preserve my appointments?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Outlook sync issues

I share your problem and frustration, and hope a fix may be in the offing. There seems to be no way, on the BB, to reassign a calendar item to a different e-mail -- at least I can't find a way.
Contributor

Well, I've followed some instructions at another thread, and gotten reid of all the CICAL links in my Services section. That's removed the "Send as" and an email address for each calendar item on the BB. Also, all of them are now the same color, and all are part of the "Default" calendar.

When I go to the DM Backup and Restore > Advanced, I see I have only one Calendar on the BB and it has all my records.

Problem is that it still doesn't sync with Outlook. All that's left on my outlook calendar are a handful of appts added after the Facebook update. The rest of the appts on my handheld will not sync, even if I set the sync command to one way / replace all.

So that's where it stands. Any further help would be most welcome.
New Contributor

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I have the same problem and can't fix it.  Thanks.
New Contributor

I am having the same problem as well....

Blackberry 8330

The synch was working but now nothing...it will Synch my contacts, but it won't touch my calendar....any help would be great!!

Thanks!