Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook user - How to delete email during sync HELP

I use Outlook - not on Microsoft Exchange. When I delete an email in Outlook, then Sync, why won't the email be removed from the Curve. Very frustrating - especially since the minimum number of days to keep email on the Curve is 15 days. If I don't manually delete on Curve I will have hundreds in 15 days. PLEASE HELP>

New Contributor

Re: Outlook user - How to delete email during sync HELP

Have you tried going to your email on the bberry and going to options menu->options->reconciliation You should have wireless set to "on."  Also, assume you have 2 way sync set up?  Hopefully, that will solve your problem. 
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

sync with outlook is only for your PIM items, address book, calendar et. not your mail, here is how reconciliation works for BIS mail : http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05133&sliceId=SAL_Pub...
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

I used to have a Motorola Q that worked like this... I have a POP3 email account. Email that is still on the account server is sent to my phone. Once I download the emails to Outlook, they are removed from the phone since they are no longer on the server. It doesn't seem the Blackberry works this way. So option 2: I download to Outlook and the email stays on the BB until I delete it from Outlook. Isn't this second option how it supposed to work? Do I need to you the Redirector for any of this? if not, what is the Redirector for?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

redirector is for people who have their mailbox on exchange server.

BB does not talk to Outlook when it comes to BIS, it only talks with your mail server.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.