Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Override BIS default settings for email provider?

So here is my situation. My college has recently made this swtich from using an exchange server to handle email to google apps. Since this has happened I have not been receiving any emails for my school account on my blackberry or Apple mail application. It seems that my school has not updated there information to reflect googles servers in the database of mail settings information. On my Macbook I fixed this problem by deleting the account in my prefrences and then disconnecting from the internet so the mail applcation couldn't reference Apple's database of mail settings and then I entered the google imap server info manually. The issue is I cannot force BIS to not reference its list of email settings. Whenever I delete and  readd my school account to BIS it automatically recognizes it as a Exchange account so I cannot add google's imap settings. Is there anyway around this or do I have to wait for my school to contact RIM to update their new email settings?

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Override BIS default settings for email provider?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You can do this...when you configure the email settings, put in the correct email address, but an incorrect password. This will result in it re-prompting you for the credentials. But it will add, to the bottom of the screen, a tic box for providing settings manually...check this box and then proceed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Worked perfectly! Thank you very much!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................