Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon / Vodafone

Overseas data problems

All,

I recently moved to India for a 6 month project, and am attempting to use my Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630. I've unlocked my handset and suspended my Verizon account, and have picked up a local Vodafone SIM card.

Problem: The voice works fine, but I cannot use data or BB Enterprise (getting "edge" instead of "EDGE").

I've ruled out the SIM card, as it works on my colleague's Blackberry and my handset replicated the issue with his fully-functional SIM card inserted, so it's definitely a handset issue. The handset is also data-capable, as before suspending my Verizon account I could use data on global-roaming while here in India.

What can I do to make data work on my handset? I've already tried the obvious things - battery pull, re-register through the host-routing table, ensure I'm set to GSM in "network". Vodafone doesn't know what's going on.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone Essar

Re: Overseas data problems

Hello,

Perhaps I have found a solution for resolving the Verizon-Vodafone disconnect for Tour 9630

The clue lies in the OS version. Refer to the following link for understanding how to upgrade/downgrade the OS in Tour 9630 - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour/Verizon-Tour-Users-Revert-to-old-OS-here/td-p...

I tried with one OS 4 version &  three OS 5 versions namely 5.0.0.419, 5.0.0.975 and 5.0.0.1030 to find that only 5.0.0.419 is supported by Vodafone Essar Mumbai network (India). The official link to download this version is - http://berryshout.com/?d=27890fbe7d2faca3a269aea8d638437f&l=en

Note: It may take a few hours before the edge turns to EDGE so have patience

Warning: read the OS wipe and reload instructions thoroughly before starting off.

Lemme know if this helps resolve

Rajesh

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9360
My Carrier: LIME

Re: Overseas data problems

I also have a problem with my Blackberry Tour 9630. 

I'm currently living in St.Vincent and the Grenadines a small island in the caribbean . and the service that I'm using is EDGE.

Programs for instance Blackberry App World always makes the network turn from " EDGE " to "edge", and when I close App World it runs as normal and reverts back to " EDGE ".

It 's been happening since I got it second hand from someone who had it in this country.

Please help!

I've been living with this for a very very long time and it's unbareable cause I have to wait untill 12:00AM to get something downloaded properly while I sleep. 

Please help me.Smiley Sad 

P.S 
Not sure if it's usful but my data plan I got is from the LIME Network here, was formally called Cable & Wireless.