Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Work

Re: PASSWORD SETTING

No, the password to unlock the pad, works as always. But there is no problem with it. Yes, you are right. This is a corporative cell with a corporate BES server that provides me my working e-mail. 

New Contributor

No, the handset passord works without problem, this is something that the cell asks us after unlock the pad. Yes, you are right. It is a working blackberry with a corporate BES server providing me the work e-mails.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

So after you unlock the handset it is asking for another password? Your post read as though you could no longer access the phone.

Can you detail exactly the issue you are having?

At the sametime, as the device is connected to a corporate server it may be worth seeking assistance from your IT helpdesk.

New Contributor

That is!

In fact is it too, because, although the Blackberry is no connected to the Desktop Manager any longer, the phone continues asking us for this new Password we do not know which, and so even after unlocking the pad, as we can not solve this matter with the password, we can not enter in the cell either...It is really crazy...

The question is as follows:

I was planning my next trip on next Saturday.

I spend last two days introducing new details and contacts in Directory.

During a phonecall this morning, the communication suddenly cuted up, the phone did not work for some minutes and I received a notify telling me that there were some kind of fail with the SIM card.

I told it to this Informatic department of us, and they told me that we were going to change the SIM before facing more problems with it, before I left for my business trip.

I remember some problems in the past loosing info from a Blackberry, and remember the Desktop Manager Software, I have used then to create a Security Copy.

Visited Blackberry site and downlowded this program into my laptop. Intalled it, and tryed to make this Security Copy.

This is when this when this Password was first time required. It was first time I knew about this Password, and tryed a few times (Also trying with the PIN code combination to unlock the pad but without results)

As I could not pass it anyway, I went to the Informatic department and we changed the SIM without problem. 

In this moment, it asked us for the new PIN code. We introduce it without problem, but after this, is when the cell started asking us again this Password (But now in the Blackberry, not been conecting to the Desktop Manager.

We were very surprised and did not know about which Password it was asking us about anyway...Tryed some more combinations and this is how we arrived to this situation with the last chance.

We tryed to change the SIM, to talk with our telephone and files services provider and to access again through the Desktop Manager to set a Security Copy, but nothing worked....

So the situaction now is:

I have all the details I need for this trip inside the cell. I can not get in or save a copy, or to recover the info as it is asking me a Password to let me do it.

And I have just one try more to put the propper do-not-know-which asked password, or I same will delete all the info I need.

The question is: What can I do to take the info I need? How can I recover this info from the Contacts Directory?

Forums Veteran I

Okay just so I have this straight in my head - you enter your device password and immediately you are prompted to enter an unknown password? Can you do anything with your device suchas access the address book or read/reply to your emails? 

As a side note, if your phone is activated on a BES server, then your contacts are already sync'd to your corporate email account anyway. 

New Contributor

Yes, exactly that is.

No, I can do nothing at all. In fact after this, the net in the cell appears as SOS and if we try to call to my number it even saids that it is not avaible...

You are wright about the Outlook contacts for the mails, but the contacts I reffer to, are the ones from the Tel. numbers directory from the Blackberry and I have not synchronize them with the mail ones.

The ones I need are just in this cellular directory...

Forums Veteran I

Then it sounds as though a device password has been set on the phone, probably due to your companies IT policy - they should be able to reset the password using the BES server.

If not, there is no way to recover or reset this password.
New Contributor

The Informatic Department of the company was with me during all the process and they say that do not know nothing about this Password.

So you mean that if they change my access password and I put this new password when it askes me about it should work?

It sounds possible. They are not already here but will be tomorrow again. 

Ok. If there is no way, so we can tomorrow try this last chance, as we have already loose it all and only that can happen is to have the chance to recover it. 

Tomorrow I try and tell you later. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Thank you all for information that the password is the same as to unblock the device/phone.