Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: N/A

Re: PB backup file (bbb) not listed when trying to 'Select a backup file to restore'

[ Edited ]

Same error message w/ BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0.2.45.

Any other thoughts / recommendations?

Do you know which Windows program will open up the TAR files? I would at least like to get the pics and videos out of my backup if I can't restore. I tried BlackBerry Backup Extractor 0.94 but it crashed trying to open my 4.5Gb backup.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PB backup file (bbb) not listed when trying to 'Select a backup file to restore'

I haven't tried it but Winzip supposedly opens .tar files.

This was a major security hole that RIM was working on plugging as of last year. I didn't follow the issue so I don't know when/how they addressed it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 2.0.1.358
My Carrier: N/A

I can't open any of the TAR files in WinZip, WinRAR, 7-Zip, etc.

What a brilliant idea to wipe all the data off the tablet during an upgrade