Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

PC Does Not Recognize BB

Tried to connect Blackberry to TWO different PCs via USB.  Neither one recognizes the BB.  Running Win XP Pro on both.   Installed BB Desktop The laptop has no attached USB devices.  Checked "to automatically load BB software at boot time.  Tried to install SEVERAL times each attempt was preceeded by a full system restore. Again, after connecting NOTHING happens.  No 'You have new hardware' or ANY message from Windows that anything has just taken plcae.  NOTE that the BB is getting power from the PC, the charging icon comes on. 

I just want to get some photos off the BB.  This should work. What good is a smartphone that won't sync with a desktop PC?

BTW: Since adding the desktop software boot time has probably tripled, possibly quadrupeled.  What's up with that RIM? 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: PC Does Not Recognize BB

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Follow the tips in these articles.

KB00125 BlackBerry Desktop Manager cannot detect the BlackBerry smartphone

KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections.

BTW  I would remove the desktop manager software from your startup group, that will reduce your boot time.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter