Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Qualcomm Style
My Carrier: Sprint

PC and Device Talking to each other

All of a sudden I can't transfer information (Calendar, etc) between the device and my PC and vise a versa??

Help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: PC and Device Talking to each other

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please help us to help you...please describe exactly the steps you take and exactly the results of each step, including the exact and complete content of any error messages you are presented with. "I can't transfer information" doesn't really give us enough from which to narrow down our guesswork.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Qualcomm Style
My Carrier: Sprint

After opening my Blackberry Software on my Desktop I plug my phone into the USB Cable and it activates the program.

Unfortunately, it does NOT Sync with Outlook and nothing is transferred from the PC or the Phone.

The error message says:Blackberry Desktop Software can not communicate with the connected device.

It asks that I check to make sure the devices have the most up to date Blackberry Software which I did and it does.

One of the options is whether I want to download the Default Factory Settings.  I am afraid to do this as I will probably lose information.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK thanks...and, did anything occur just before this behavior began? An update? A new app? A theme? Something else?

Also, "it activates the program"...so, in the order you stated things happened, that happens after you have already launched the Desktop Software and after you next connect the BB via USB...so what, exactly, "activates"? Do you have it configured to auto-synchronize whenever the BB is connected to the PC and the Desktop Software is running?

If you abort the attempt at synchronization, can you take a manual backup? Plus, since your key information is in Outlook, as long as you have that protected (by backing up your PC regularly, right?) you should be fine to wipe out your BB and start over. Indeed, depending on what is going on, that might actually be a recommended remedy...

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................