Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

PHONE RANDOMLY DELETES MESSAGES AND CALL LOG

My phone has been deleting my call log and my unsaved text messages. I cannot figure out why or how. I thought maybe that my messages and log were too full or that the phone was low on memory, but it wasn't the case. When it deletes the messages and call log, it is usually over the course of several hours. During that time, I am not aware of new texts or new missed calls. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please let me know if you have more questions so that a solution may be found.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: PHONE RANDOMLY DELETES MESSAGES AND CALL LOG

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You are more than likely experiencing low memory problems.

Try the links of the bottom of the page.

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14213&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please let me know if you need further assistance!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I wrote a detailed post on just how to fix this:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-optimize-your-bb-setup-max-memo...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Great post John!

I've got it bookmarked,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the help! It's definitely appreciated! :smileyvery-happy:
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Glad to help.  That's been a popular post, to say the least!  I had no idea when I first posted it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

this was happening to my phone too and thankfully Sprint replaced it for free, since they couldn't figure out the problem.  Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Guru II

That's a poorly trained Sprint rep.  A new device will just do the same thing if not cleaned up to maximize free memory.  There was nothing wrong with the device.  *shrugs*