Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8700c
My Carrier: Telmex

Re: PIN on a 8700c? Can't get to first base with my new but ancient Blackberry.

OK.  Thanks.  I'll call Telmex or get a friend with better Spanish to do it :-)  This article

http://www.cio.com/article/427363/RIM_BlackBerry_How_To_Insert_Format_and_Use_microSD_Memory_Cards

claims that the 8700 does not have a microSD slot, but when I pull the battery, there appears to be one to the right of the SIM slot.  It does say that OS 4.5 takes a card up to 8 GB.  I was considering putting a 2 or a 4 in it.  Neither the BB or Cingular guides even mention microSD cards.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm not sure what you're looking at to the right of the sim slot but I can guarantee (if it's an 8700 as you say) that it's not a media card slot.

The 8100 and 8300 devices also ran OS 4.5 and had media card slots. The 8700 does not have a media card slot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi John,

Sorry to bother you again.  Thought I was all set.  About ten days ago I synced my BB8700 with my Mac address book and it worked great.  I have about 400 addresses on my Mac AB and they all came over.  When I tried to dial a number, the options started to show themselves immediately.  But a few days ago, I tried to make a call (I use my land line almost all the time), and nada.  All the names and addresses just disappeared.  When I got a text in, they didn't show the name but just the number.  I have tried syncing it again with my Mac about ten times but no contacts in the BB, though the sync shows all the proper feedback messages.  I think you are a WIndows / BB guy but do you have any idea what happened?  Thanks.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Have you tried rebooting by removing the battery?

Do all the contacts appear in the Address Book (or Contacts--I can't remember what it's called in OS 4.5)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

That did it.  Thanks again.

Contributor

Hi John,

Two more (probably silly) questions about my BB 8700

1)  After I sync the phone with my Mac Contacts, the new numbers and names are stored on the phone for dialling and recognizing incoming calls and messages.  However, when I open to Address Book on the BB, it reads "No Addresses."  Since this phone has no auxillary memory chip, where are they being stored and how come the AB is empty since my Mac contacts are stored somewhere on it?

2)  TELCEL in Mexico follows a lot of the USA dialing system, but one doesn't put a "1" in front of the area code.  My phone is doing it and it seems to cause delays.  How can I turn this "1" off?

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,

Paul

Guru II

It's been so long since I've used that device I'm not exactly sure where they may be. It should be syncing to the default address book on the device.

As for the 1 it is a feature called smart dialing and is probably in the phone app's settings. Open the phone app, hit the track wheel and go to options.

Guru II

One thing comes to mind....In the address book, hit the track wheel and check to make sure you don't have any filters enabled.

Contributor

+2 :-)

Yes I was able to turn off the "1," and there was a filter enabled though how it got there I have no idea.

Thanks again.

Guru II

Excellent!