Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PIN unlock for data access on blackberry

I have got a blacberry pearl 8100 from TIM,Italy. now I want to use it in India.The phone is unlocked in terms of voice and sms but I cannot use data/internet. My service provider tells me that the PIN is locked with TIM and unless they release this I cannot use the blackbeery services.

Can anybody help me to solve this problem???

taposhkb

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: PIN unlock for data access on blackberry

Unfortunately you'll have to take care of this yourself.  You need to contact either the original owner of the device, or TIM directly and ask to have the PIN released.
Jerry
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

To unlock, contact Horizon, see below in my signature. Trustworthy and reputable.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply.I contacted the owner of the phone and when he contacted TIM, they refused to unlock.Can you let me know the address of TIM where I can contact them in English for a request to unlock the phone for data.Alternatively can RIM do this??? 

TIM won't do it for a non-customer. Your option is a third party unlock vendor. See my post above.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Mr Sanders

I have seen your reply reg Horizon wireless for unlocking.However on visiting their site I have not seen anything specific on data unlock only.I am afraid that I will pay and then the phone will not be unlocked for data.Otherwise as of now the phone is working for voice and sms.

regards

Taposh

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9530

I am having the same issue with an 8830 from Verizon. Voice calls are working great, but BB data plan is not working.

I contacted Global Support, they told me that Verizon locks the PIN of their blackberries (different from phone locking), but they can't release it because Verizon just doesn't do that. She did not make it clear whether it is a software or hardware lock. "Data Lock" seems to be a good term for this to differentiate from "Phone Lock".

But she told me that she knows for a fact that if I were to switch providers and go with Cricket, I can take it to a Cricket store and they know how to unlock the PIN!! Because she's done this herself.

Just to make it clear, this is the situation where the phone is already unlocked, but another GSM provider is unable to activate the data plan because of a PIN lock somewhat tied physically to the phone (i.e. calling your provider won't help because they will tell you that your PIN has already been released from their and RIM's databases).

If anyone manages to resolve this issue, please do post the procedure.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9860 Monza
My Carrier: MTN

Atleast you people are informed what's up with your PIN, here in Zambia they only tell you there's nothing we can do. The phone is useless.
And no one can even begin to think about contacting RIM on your behalf!!

cholasimmons wrote:
Atleast you people are informed what's up with your PIN, here in Zambia they only tell you there's nothing we can do. The phone is useless.
And no one can even begin to think about contacting RIM on your behalf!!

@cholasimmons tell us what is up with your device, you haven't said.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9860 Monza
My Carrier: MTN

My bad, I've been following similar posts for weeks and weeks and finally decided to register.

I bought my 9860 on eBay, never knew about data lock, only the common network and sim locks.. So I ordered the phone and due to my location and certain government regulations, my item arrived 5 weeks after purchase, immediately I noticed BIS couldn't register, HRT wasn't doing anything and so I contacted MTN (Carrier) who simply told me to purchase the BIS subscription plan, did so and nothing happened, customer care advised I go to their head office, where they assured me nothing cud be done by them but I could pass thru just to make sure. (Really?)

So now I have a BB without BIS and cannot have my PIN unlocked coz the seller doesn't know the previous owner haha.
Returning it wud be a loss on my part as collecting the item cost 50% of its worth, and so will returning it.