Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour
My Carrier: Virgin

PLEASE HELP! Blackberry ID for the Tour 9630

I recently inherited a Torch from my brother and would like to use my existing Blackberry ID for the new phone.

HOWEVER....LOL....I can't seem to find my current Blackberry ID username.   Not the password...the username.   

I've had my phone for a long time and old email addresses that I've tried in the reset password are not working.

In my Tour, I've gone to Options and there is no "Device > Blackberry ID" section and when I try to develope a list in the Third Party Applications menu it shows "No Applications" <--- I tried this because some pages have suggested looking at Options > Thirdparty Applications > Blackberry ID.  My tour doesn't have a Third Party Application section, just an Applications section that when opened shows that it's trying to generate a list of 3rd party applications.

Basically, I don't think there's any way to find the username for my old blackberry and I'm pulling out my hair triyng to find anyone to call or anyone to ask,

Please help!  

Much appreciated,

Sillyist.

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: PLEASE HELP! Blackberry ID for the Tour 9630

Hello Sillyist,

Welcome to the forums. 

Your BlackBerry® ID username would be an email address you used when you created your account. This article may also help you in getting this information back. 

KB28684

How to confirm a BlackBerry ID username

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

VIA | Administrator

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-World/Forgot-My-BB-ID-Username/td-p/1650953

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply Smoothrider!

Unfortunately, this doesn't help my situation.   

From the home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, go to Options > Device > BlackBerry  <--- I don't think my old phone has software that is 7.0 or greater.   The "device" section isn't even in the Options.

The other option for older software versions is to go Options > Third Party Applications > Blackberry ID, however when I try to do this (Options > Applications > Thirdparty Applications), no applications show up at all when the list is generated.  

Is there anyone that I can call for this sort of problem?

Could really use the help.  

Many thanks,

Sillyist

New Contributor

And another thing I should ask is even if I do manage to find out what the username is and use it to change the password, what if I no longer have that old email account activated?   I assume the new password would be sent to that email...?  

Many thanks,

Sillyist