Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi, I got my new torch just before christmas but I had to use my old sim in it. the old sim is orange and I didn't set up Any email info or bbm with it but now my mobile number has been ported to my new provider which is vodafone, now I want to set up my emails and bbm but it wont let me because apparently I need to deregister my blackberry to then set up the emails through the vodafone mobile blackberry website.

I have no idea what to do, how do I deregister my torch.

Any help welcome.

Thank you.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi and welcome to the forum.

what emails are you trying to set up,outlook or yahoo/hotmail/google?

i find it strange you would have to deregister it but as im also new to BB im not sure.

have you tried vodafone customer care on 191 freecall from mobile.

I want to set up a ntlworld email account. I called vodafone and they tried to set it up for me but said the blackberry was already registered with my old provider but I can't access any information from orange

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Your device information is registered on and locked to the Orange network.  You will first need to get your device unlocked (you can get an unlock code from here for 99 cents. The site also provides instructions.) so you can use it on Vodafone's network.

Once you do that, you should be able to use the device and set up e-mails, etc.

You said you didn't set up any e-mails with Orange, correct?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."

what other ways can i unlock it

no i didnt set up any info with orange

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

You could contact Orange and ask them to provide you with a code.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."