Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 3.
My Carrier: Malaysian Bar Athlete
Accepted Solution

*PLEASE HELP!!!!* how do i RESET my blackberry without going into 'OPTION'?

[ Edited ]
I have blackberry bold 9780 so basicly i've downloaded this theme and since it been active, its just fully messed up my whole blackberry up, and its really stressing me out cus im 16 and i could not live without my phone lol I've downloaded loads and loads of themes before and it never had a problems until i download this one call 'SEVEN' (i think) and my phone kept freezing, i couldnt go on facebook, video, pictures, text messeges AND MOST F*CKED UP THIS IS, it wont let me go on OPTION or SET UP so i could not go to change theme back to normal, i tried goin on to blackberry app world to download another theme but it just ALWAYS freeze everytime i goes on it. i tried everything, none of it seems to work. Ive been pulling in and out my battery more than 10 times today :/ and its just the same really reallyyyyyy upset me :'( So i just need to know if there anyway to fully reset my whole phone WITHOUT going in to OPTION? PLEASE PLEASE share your knowlegde, i will be VERY MUCH appriciate if you could help, COULD NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH Smiley Happy xxxxxxxx
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: *PLEASE HELP!!!!* how do i RESET my blackberry without going into 'OPTION'?

Hi There,

Yes its possible to reset without going into the Options Menu on your phone:

1. You must have BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Connect the phone with Desktop Manager open.

3. Go to Applications Tab

4. Locate the rogue app/theme, kill it and your phone should come back with default theme.

5. If you cannot find it via Desktop Manager then attempt to do a full backup.

6. Then restore the phone to factory settings, restore data selectively.

Hope this works out for you, if not then you might need to use BBSAK to wipe the phone and/or attempt removing the theme again.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 3.
My Carrier: Malaysian Bar Athlete

Re: *PLEASE HELP!!!!* how do i RESET my blackberry without going into 'OPTION'?

Thank you so much! May god bless you with your helps.