Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

PLEASE HELP, my 9860 is nuked...

Hi everyone, after upgrade 2 apps yesterday my app world need restart, everything was look normally, but... when try the restart my bb enter a constant loop in the boot screen (where the bar appear) and aprox in 20% load, again restart.

When i connect to my mac, a window show that need repair, but when i click in the button repair, next show me a mesage where said "Cant repair your blackberry device.  not found software for your blackberry device, please check later"..........................

Please help me, i cant nothing...

Thanks in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: PLEASE HELP, my 9860 is nuked...

before this are you running memory cleaning for your torch?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Maxis

1. If you had done memory cleaning usually when it comes for rebooting it would be pause a while within 20% then its done of rebooting. You should have wait a few minutes. And your torch will be loading as usual. If not try again pulled out your battery and put it back in. Sometimes it needs 2nd times tebooting because of loading java and files.

2. If you had installed lots of application, games the CPU wil be much slower. So the clock icon will be appear frequently as loading that would be mean, you are using too much aplication in one task. So close whenever youre not using it. If not, automatically it reboot itself.

3. If your torch loading successfully, create a backup first and security wipes in option. Means your phones is formatting. then your torch will be much faster since it wipes all the old data and application. Reinstalled back the application that you need,

4. If your torch appear "uncaught exception" after rebooting that mean, full OS formatting. Sent your torch to the centre. Backup files first.

5. Manually cleaning memory for these torch usually result to slow rebboting and always loading too long.

Hope this would help you a bit. =)

New Contributor

My torch not start, just restart in the boot screen all the time, i cant do nothing... when i connect to my mac, bds show me a warning where say that cant found software for my bb, and cant repair... my bb its dead... i dont know what i do... and i try search the device soft but is just for windows os...

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Mainly problem can be caused that you don't have installed software for device and cannot automatically download it.

1.Please download from your carrier site (here or here choose your device)

2. Install

3. find and delete vendor.xls file (can be also in hidden folders)

4. Disconnect from Internet!!!

5. Run Desktop Manager

6. Connect your device.

7. After that DM says that your device must be repaired and do it.

Also here you can find several ways for reload software to your device.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

New Contributor

Sound like a solution, but this process its only be runned on windows os? or too with my mac?

Anyway, i look for a windows os or pc and test.

Later i tell you.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

If you will be search in forum you can find also for MAC. 

Before do anything try to backup your device if possible. Otherwise you will be lost all information on device 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.

New Contributor

I have a windows machine, now the windows os detect my bb (dead), then start BBDS, but the f**king BBDS not detect my bb dead... 

Please help me, i do every step like you tell me but i cant do the bbds detect my bb, and...cant repair obviusly.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Follow these instructions to get your phone to be recognized by BDS:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

P.S.  If that article doesn't do the trick, you have to take your phone to your carrier for a replacement.  There are no other solutions other than getting it detected by BDS so you can restore the OS.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Finally i did it.

The basic problem is Blackbery Desktop Software for Mac, its not compatible in 100% with blackberry support cause never cant repair my bb.

Solution, for me:

1- install windows with bootcamp (not VM, many problems with USB ports)

2- Download Device Software for 9860, and BDS... obiusly for win.

3- Connect the devices "WITH BATTERY", very important.

4- Click on "Update".

5- Take a lucky for the server of BB respond... and give you a good news... about your software.

6- Install, and everithing you want to do for recovery your bb.

Please RIM, GIVE US SUPPORT FOR MAC USERS...REAL SUPPORT.

Thanks for all to try help me.!