Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: At&t

PLEASE HELP!!!

So I am huge blackberry fan that has had the worse luck in the world. Last week my computer with my blackberry desktop manager crashed. Didn't think anything about it due to the fact we have other functioning computers, that is until yesterday..... I lost my phone somewhere between here and there. Well I have a back-up phone until I am 100% sure my phone is not coming back. I installed blackberry protect about 2 months ago and I could log on until today. I locked my phone and seen that it was backed up on 2/21/12 so I thought great I can pull up my contact list at least.... well I can't figure out how to do that. The directions say to upload blackberry protect and hit restore well what if your back up phone is not a blackberry?? Also in the midst of my freaking out I messed up my password for my protect and so I pushed forgot password and, can you guess where I had it sent to???? My e-mail on my blackberry!!! How do I go about fixing this or am I just with out my contacts, passwords, calendars ect until I can obtain another blackberry?? If anyone could shed any light or give me a customer service number it would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

ashleymi

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

You can get your contacts back (and your calendar as well, I believe) with a restore from Protect.  The only thing you need is another BlackBerry phone.  Without another BlackBerry, there's no way to get access to that backup file you created on Protect.

Basically, get another BlackBerry or you're out of luck.  Sorry to be so negative but those are the facts.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.