Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

PLEASE HELP!!!

Hello every1!

I just purchased a BB Torch.  It did not come with a CD, or instruction manual of any kind.

I am having trouble setting up email accounts.  Do I need to first set up an enterprise account?

When I first installed my SIM card, my device said something about "Wiping" the phone.  Do I need to do this in order for my phone to work properly?

I can not log into any of the social networking apps. (facebook, twitter, etc.)

I can not set up an email account.

And it seems like the "silent button"  does nothing.  

I hope there is nothing wrong with this phone.  Any one have some advice?

Thanks................-Manny

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!

I assume that as you didn't get a CD or quick start guide you bought this phone from ebay or somewhere else rather than via a phone shop?

You can get the manuals online from Blackberry from here - http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=BlackBerry+Smartph...

To use any of the apps such as twitter, facebook or email you wil need a blackberry data plan from your carrier otherwise you have a very pretty phone from which to make calls and text.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I have a Data Plan with AT&T.

Does BlackBerry have a "special" Data Plan with AT&T?

Thanks for your Input and your Reply!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

You need a specific Blackberry Data Plan - Normally referred to as BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) for private phones and a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Service) plan for corporate phones.

A basic data plan will not work as you are not connected to the blackberry servers,