Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

POCKETMAC "Skipping" during sync - HELP!!!

This seems to be a very typical problem (note to pocketmac developers) and I have no idea what else to do?

I have an iMac Intel 10.5.6, a Blackberry Bold, Entourage 2008, Pocketmac 4.1.25 + Driver update installed.  I have uninstalled pocketmac from my computer, reinstalled 4.1.25, trashed Blackberry Extensions found in my library, emptied the trash, restarted, installed driver updates, opened Entourage, tried every USB port - all in a variety of combinations and NOTHING has worked!  Oh and I have changed my mass media storage in my Blackberry to YES.  

My blackberry is reading on my desktop... but when I try to sync I still get a "skipping" error message.  PLEASE HELP!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: POCKETMAC "Skipping" during sync - HELP!!!

I know that BlackBerry has a great BlackBerry Technical Solution Center that can be used to find a solution to the message you are receiving.  I believe there are a number of different error when skipping messages.  The mostly commonly found ones are 1 and 3.  If you get the exact error you can visit the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center and likely find a resolution to the message.  The link is listed below:

Note: It would be best to check and see if Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is set to Yes or Prompt provided the drivers have been properly installed.

My Device: BB Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: POCKETMAC "Skipping" during sync - HELP!!!

I'm not that computer savvy... Unfortunately I can't find any solutions for this issue.  My BB has actually synced in the past but I haven't been able to sync my device in months...  BB support says sorry I can't help you...  Very disappointing, I won't buy another one that's for sure....