Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

POP account stopped receiving emails 2 days ago

We've owned this Bold for about a week now. I originally ran the setup wizard and added an existing POP account and created an att.blackberry.net account. Both received email just fine.

2 days ago POP email suddenly stopped arriving. Her laptop POP client (Entourage/Mac) is set to leave messages on the server for 7 days, and when I log into the mail server's webmail interface, I can see 14 emails sitting there. But the Bold doesn't receive them.

I've turned the Bold off and on nicely, and I've also pulled the battery and then rebooted. I've removed and re-created the POP account both through the Bold itself (re-ran Email Setup) and also through the bis website. I "registered" on the Host Routing Table twice and did "Send service books" twice. Each time I'd get that particular "Congratulations! You should start receiving emails in 20 minutes" message in her POP account mailbox, but none of the other emails that are sitting on the mail server. Hours have passed, and no POP email on the Bold.

From another computer I sent fresh emails to her POP account and waited an hour. No POP messages on the Bold, but she can receive them on her laptop. Logged into the mail server, and there they are.

I plugged the Bold into an XP laptop and checked for device software update, and I'm allegedly up to date. I then re-tried everything I've just described above.

Help!!!! 

p.s. throughout all of this, her att.blackberry.net works just fine, and it has WiFi and Edge internet access. I can _send_ email from the Bold using the POP account, and they get make it to their destinations.