Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

POP and IMAP Access for Blackberry Mailbox

Hello,

I am using Blackberry Internet Service for email.  Does anyone know how to acess the Blackberry email accout using IMAP or POP?  I am using verizon BIS (@vzw.blackberry.net) and wanted to use POP ot IMAP clients for emails on server.

Alex.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: POP and IMAP Access for Blackberry Mailbox

Unfortunately, there is no other access to any "blackberry.net" email other than on your BlackBerry.  Before you say that you know someone that has access, about two years ago BES was "upgraded" to version 2 at which point web access to your blackberry.net email was discontinued.  The upgrade was "voluntary", and although I can't imagine anyone that hasn't upgraded since then, it is possible that there are some hold outs.

This is not the primary reason I always recommend NOT using your blackberry.net email address.  Aside from the fact that your BlackBerry is the ONLY place you can get to your email, there is also no Spam filtering available, and should your blackberry.net email address fall into the hands of just one Spammer, you are doomed to establishing a rule for every email address you DO want to reach your BlackBerry, and NOT forwarding any unknown email!

Both Gmail and Yahoo! Mail are excelent services with Spam filtering built in.  I strongly recommend setting up your email with one of those services.  I have Yahoo! Mail Plus! ($25/year), and have INSTANT delivery of my email!  I don't know if the same holds true of a free Yahoo! Mail account.

Jerry
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: POP and IMAP Access for Blackberry Mailbox

I felt cheated at that time.  I am also not able to access the Trash either.  If I delete an email by mistake, I lose that information forever.

Can I request for a change of address from verizon.net to verizon.com?  Will that remove roadblocks for some kind of web, pop, or IMAP access? It looks like blackberry is providing similar services in UK.