Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

PROBLEM BB TORCH 9800

I think not only me having this problem. But I cannot find a simple post which helps me to  fix this.

My torch 9800 just shuts off after same few minutes while im on phone talking with someone, always same time period and shuts dead. I have to battery pull to switch it back on again. And also when i see video on browser after a half minute or so Battery drained fast and **bleep** black out again.

Is there a simple fix only had this for few months! Its in mint condition.

INFO: 6.0 BUNDLE  695  (v6.0.0.246 Platfotm 6.4.0.105)

Kernel: V3.8.6.5

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: PROBLEM BB TORCH 9800

that is an old OS and was a lil buggy

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I have lost the wire which connects bb to pc.

Is there a way to upgrade os online through mobile itself?

thank you

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes but most micro USB cable will work fine with it

AT&T should have pushed an update to you already, look in options, device, updates

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Enjoy the new OS???

I am not that stupid in computers and stuff. Im still young and all and its not that easy ..

Did bb take into consideration that these phones are bought by people who doesnt even know how to use a pc ?

This is insane, patching, a game or format/installing windows is  easier !

Guru III
My Device:

ryn87 wrote:

Enjoy the new OS???

I am not that stupid in computers and stuff. Im still young and all and its not that easy ..

Did bb take into consideration that these phones are bought by people who doesnt even know how to use a pc ?

This is insane, patching, a game or format/installing windows is  easier !

i never called you stupid, nor do I know your level of knowledge based on 3 posts

I am not BB, just a forum member like you helping others with my spare time to keep my old mind fresh

easier? um no the BlackBerry isnt that hard after you have done them a few times and I find it easier than installing windows

I am an old IT sys admin, go figure

New Contributor

My bad,  I m abit angry, just bought this for 550Euros and its all bugged.  Thank you for helping me tho. I'll try figure it out! Smiley Happy

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2 uk

Check ur battery does it seem swollen? If it is, new battery will fix it
New Contributor

Please is it possible to name the new os? there are alot of version types and the 6.0 bundle seems to be the latest?

Ryan
New Contributor

BBSAK error  

NO DEVICE DETECTED push ok to continue