Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Pairing dropped and other rants

I have been dealing with pairing drops with my Bold and my Acura TL Bluetooth. This was not a problem with my previous BB Curve World Edition.  The problem seems to be getting worse.  I am not doing anything different.

I am not sure if its related, but in my car, the stereo audio is muted when there is call coming in.  Lately I have experienced a number of stereo audio dropouts when listening to XM.  I experienced these dropouts in areas with no obstructions whatsoever, so I don't suspect XM.  Whenever I hear the stereo mute, I immediately look at my phone or my dashboard, but alas, no incoming call.  The audio dropouts only last a second.  Im not sure exactly how Bluetooth works, but has anyone ever heard of a similar issue of a false indication of an incoming call that affected the automobile's audio system (mute)?

I dread making a complaint at the dealer.  I am working with too many variables and no good troubleshooting tools!  Is it the XM signal, is it XM receiver, is it Bluetooth or is it my phone?!  OMG!

Another issue I have is with the BB website.  I cannot easily find a listing of the latest versions of the device software.  I am on a Entreprise Server and therefore cannot upgrade my phone myself... it has to come from my IT department.  I don't know about you, but sometimes dealing with IT is like dealing with City Government or the DMV!

All I want to know is how far out-of-date my device is.  I am running v4.6.0.167 (Platform What the heck is the Platform version all about?

Any gurus with some answers out there?

Thanx and Happy New Year!

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Pairing dropped and other rants

I'm no guru but follow a search of "acura" to a thread where it appears that software version fixes the bluetooth problems. Good luck; if you don't mind, post your results- I'm about to buy a Bold and try to pair with an Acura HFL.