Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Panic Button

You may want to check out a new application from omniscout www.omniscout.com that allows users to configure multiple Alert icons or buttons from a basic "I am here" to "Security and Medical" alerts. Blackberry can be located and tracked from a user web interface or Blackberry to Blackberry. Works on Curve, Pearl and Bold with GPS on GSM networks.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Panic Button

Try looking at www.blackberrybackstop.com it is a fully functional panic button that A/ Sends a pre-configured SMS window/email or text to a pre determined address. All user friendly self installation and if the Blackberry has a GPS capability and given that the sky is visible it simultaneously sends a Google Earth location. Blackberry must be OS 4.0 and above. You can email email me dhumble@blackberrybackstop.com. Note of caution we are struggling to separate the "interested" from the "potential users" it's the users we have to focus on.

If you have a decent enough requirement I can send you a trial application download so you can test it free of charge for a couple of weeks. 

Regards Derek (we are a Toronto based company so anything that works in the Canada works for our partners in to the south of us.) DH