Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Password Issues

Krypto wrote:

Before you do anything else, reboot the device like JSanders suggested.  Simply open the back of the phone and remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, then reinsert it.  This won't do anything to the data on the phone, but will ensure that everything is working correctly.

As to sliding out the physical keyboard, this is a BlackBerry Torch, correct?  If so, you can just slide the screen up while holding the back of the device.  I'm surprised you have never used this before.  Are you sure that this is a Torch, or is it a BlackBerry Storm?  You can tell this as the BlackBerry Torch has a touchpad on the front in the middle of the buttons on the bottom, while the Storm has no touchpad (just the green answer button, the BlackBerry button, the back button and the red end button).

It is a touch screen for sure the Torch, i will boot it up next time i get a hold of it, like i said it is my girlfriends, so i don't get that many touches on it. Yes i never used the physical keyboard but i will certainly get to it next time i get the phone.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

If the user is on a BES, you can assign the default IT Policy to the user and this should overwite the password of the user's current IT Policy, therefore allowing them access to their BB!

The default value for Password Required in the default IT Policy on BES is set to 'No' so you should not have to enter anything.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy
Contributor

fermanagh wrote:

If the user is on a BES, you can assign the default IT Policy to the user and this should overwite the password of the user's current IT Policy, therefore allowing them access to their BB!

The default value for Password Required in the default IT Policy on BES is set to 'No' so you should not have to enter anything.

Not on BES sorry

Contributor

BlackBerry® Enterprise Server is for organizations that have an on-premise email server and require a high level of IT control. Thats not me folks!

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Chala wrote:

The phnone is actually my girlfriends i am trying to help her. I did not even realize it had a physical keyboard, neither did she. Can you tell me how to access it please, or slide it out? I will try the password that way. If you access the password with the virtual or physical keyboard is that the way you must access it all the time? Could that be the issue?

I will not try a soft reset if it will not let me change my password.

something sounds fishy here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Whats fishy JSanders??  i am trying to help her out the phone is not mine, i don't get handle the phone that often but needed help. I will send her to her provider AT&T Thanks to Fermanagh and  
Krypto!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Hopefully you get it up and running, and worse comes to worse, if you run out of passwords and the phone wipes itself, you'll just have to start the process from scratch. If the phone has been previously backed up, you can load a backup and get back most of the data. Its not ideal I know, but at least its not the end of the world either.

(P.S. Just remember that Jsanders is trying to help. We sometimes see people come on here with not the best intentions, so we can sometimes start second guessing what's going on (and things can indeed end up appearing fishy). This is one of those cases where we start to scratch our heads as well wondering what's going on, especially since we only get to see a small snapshot. So don't take it too negatively.)

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

No problem Krypto I understand.  I have a lot better things to be doing then being on a support forum playing games. I was just trying to do the noble thing and help my girl. 

She is at the AT&T store now, i think they are doing that master reset, whether they helped her back up prior to resetting is unknown to me, we will just have to see.  Thanks alot Krypto, and thanks to you as well JSanders!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Well, I'm glad it's going to get resolved, and if you guys ever have any questions in the future, don't hesitate to ask.  And be sure to check out the BlackBerry Technical Solution Center as well (see link above).  They have a lot of Knowledge Base articles there that provide official responses to a lot of different questions.  Smiley Happy

As with any smartphone, its worthwhile to know how the device works, so investing a little time to learn about it now will help a lot in the future.  Smiley Happy

Good luck!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Thanks Krypto