Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Password Keeper Application - HELP!!

I love my BB Curve.  Smiley Happy

This is my issue...  

I initially brought the BB Pearl 8130 in Dec of 2007.   I was able to upgrade to the BB Curve about 3 weeks ago.  I transferred all of my info to my Curve using the Desktop Software.  I then attempt to access the Password Keeper application. 

This is the message I am getting....

"A password entry created on 1/5/2008 is protected by an old password.  Please enter the old password to convert the entry."

Now...the password they are referring to was created when I had the BB Pearl 8130.  I do understand the desktop software is the same for both the Pearl and the Curve.  I can see the application requesting the most RECENT password to access the application. It does not.  I have changed my password (to access the Password Keeper) at least twice.   If I would have known the device was going to ask me for the 'original' password, I would have stored it somewhere.  I have 3 passwords in which I use with everything.  I am sure it was one of the 3 yet it will not allow me access.

I do understand this feature is a security mechanism created to protect my information, however, to request the 'original' password seems a bit nonsensical.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I have researched the BB website and there is no solution without wiping everything that is stored. 

My carrier cannot assist me.  I have already consulted them. Smiley Mad

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Password Keeper Application - HELP!!

Did you try with the last password that worked with you password keeper? If not then try it first. I've changed my device(s) a lot of times and never faced problem with my password keeped application. Everytime previous password let me access the application.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

Re: Password Keeper Application - HELP!!

BB message saying I need to entered old password to get at my password keeper entries... 

I Know your questions is from a while back, but I was wondering if you ever received and answer or figures out how to get around this message.  I changed carriers and am receiving the same message.  BB support basically says I am out of luck.  I do not understand how that could be