Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: wlduke

Password Keeper

Is there any way to export the information I have in my Torch Password Keeper?

To a spreadsheet?

To a text file?

To anything I can print?

Better still, can this information be exported to a format that I can load onto my PC or iPad and access when I need it? It took me hours to enter it manually into my Torch. I hate to think about having to do that again.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Password Keeper

There are a couple of options for extracting and viewing data from a the backup files.  I do not know specifically which of these will extract PK data, MagicBerry might, I do not think the others do so.

1. The IPD Parse macro is designed to read a Blackberry IPD file and create reports in MSWord or MSExcel. It is free, and you can find out more here: https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse/home
For .bbb backup files, use this macro to extract seven "primary" IPD files (Address Book, Calendar, SMS Messages, Tasks, Memos, PIN Messages and Phone Call Logs)
IPD bbb Extract macro https://sites.google.com/site/ipdbbbextract
These IPD files can subsequently be used as inputs to the other macro, IPD Parse, to produce reports.

2. Another options is MagicBerry from MenaStep... which extract from a backup IPD or BBB file, split IPD files, etc. http://menastep.com/pages/magicberry.php

3. Another IPD and BBB file utility is BlackBerry Backup Extractor, and is available for PC and Mac, and can be found here: http://www.blackberryconverter.com/ There is a free and paid version.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizom

Thanks for your response.  I tried a couple of tools.  Magic Berry and BlackBerry Extractor.  They convert the IPD file but I'm guessing it's encrypted.  I see lots of odd symbols.   What I need is a newer version of Password Keeper.  I thinkn the version available on BB World is TOO new.  It doesn't list my Bold as a compatible device.  Is there a place where I might download an earlier version?

If it is compatible with the 9900, it's compatible with the 9930.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The list of supported devices blackberry classic, blackberry Leap, blackberry passport, blackberry Q10 blackberry Q5, BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Z3, BlackBerry Z30, Porsche design 29982, Porsche design P9983. mine is not listed and neither is the 9900. Any chance of a slightly earlier version of that app being available from BB world? I don't need the latest version. I just need a version that I can export from. 😃 Thanks Paul

No, those are all BlackBery10 models.

The legacy BBOS Password Keeper is installed with the handheld device operating system.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

That's what I figured. Do I have any options? Thanks Paul

So you have PK installed, you just think the version of your PK app is too old for your PK data you have?

Right now, you have no data in your Password Keeper?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Looks like I made a mistake. I was monitoring this thread but had created my own too. I saw a response to this one and responded as if it was the other. My bad. I have a version that is 7.something. I can't export the data in a way that I can use. It's encrypted. I see just a bunch of odd symbols. I'm hoping to export it so that I can import it into anothe program or at least have a human readable version of it. Any suggestion? Mine is a BB Bold. Thanks

Yes, it is encrypted and only readable on the BlackBerry,... sort of the point of BlackBerry Password Keeper security.

I don't know how it can be exported to another device with a backup and restore through using BlackBerry Desktop Software.

I believe it can also be restored from a Protect backup.. to another BlackBerry only with the same BlackBerryID.

Knowledge Base Updates