Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850 - Bold 9930 - Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Password Keeper

I have just switched from a Bold 9930 to a torch 9850 I am trying to find password keeper on my torch .. It does not show up on my device or as an option to install on the desk top manager under applications how do I go about getting it installed on my current device your help is appreciated 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password Keeper

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You can normally obtain PassWord Keeper from BBWorld:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

That link is for OS 10.0 I am using 7.1 Do you have the link for 7.1 ... I cant find that one  Thank You

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Oops...so it is...sorry about that. Refer:

• KB10675 Install password keeper on the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB04670 Install a third-party application with the Application Loader

So, you say that the Desktop Software does not offer it to you to install? Do you have both the Desktop Software as well as your BB OS package installed to your PC? It may be that, if you don't have the BB OS package installed to your PC, that the "automatic" method for the Desktop Software is unable to find what it needs for your BB

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now launch the Desktop Software and see if it offers you what you need.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

FIRST OFF  THANK YOU FOR THE HELP YOUR INSTRUCTIONS WERE POINT ON..reinstalled everything this morning  password keeper is now up and running        SDGARDNE  Thank You again

Hall of Famer III

You are very welcome...enjoy!