08-17-2013 07:50 AM
I have just switched from a Bold 9930 to a torch 9850 I am trying to find password keeper on my torch .. It does not show up on my device or as an option to install on the desk top manager under applications how do I go about getting it installed on my current device your help is appreciated
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-17-2013 10:39 AM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
You can normally obtain PassWord Keeper from BBWorld:
08-17-2013 01:21 PM
Oops...so it is...sorry about that. Refer:
So, you say that the Desktop Software does not offer it to you to install? Do you have both the Desktop Software as well as your BB OS package installed to your PC? It may be that, if you don't have the BB OS package installed to your PC, that the "automatic" method for the Desktop Software is unable to find what it needs for your BB
1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.
2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
Now launch the Desktop Software and see if it offers you what you need.
Good luck and let us know!
08-18-2013 09:11 AM