Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Z10 & Bolld 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Password

Have an old Bold 9900 that used to be my kids but it is password protected and they don't remember it? How do I get past this?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

You don't. BBs are the highest secure device on the market. There is no way to bypass the user-created password. There is no "master" or "backdoor" password to override it. Only the user-created device lock password will unlock the BB. Failing that, after the maximum number of attempts (normally 10), the BB will assume that it is no longer in the hands of the actual owner, and it will wipe itself clean.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

So, what is your suggestion, to get back the password ???
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Cekini wrote:
So, what is your suggestion, to get back the password ???

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

My suggestion is exactly as written...it is the premise of the question that is flawed. There is no ability, from the device, to "get back the password". Only a human can provide the password. If the human cannot, then the only choice is to fail the maximum number of times and allow the BB to wipe clean, and start over.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................