Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Password

[ Edited ]

I am currently trying to login into my Blackberry Curve 8320 and unlock the device.

I have the following Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Useand would have tried my username and password for my Blackberry ID.

This is not the same password as the one to unlock the device, as I have already tried this.

Would you be able to let me know how I can get hold of the password, since I do not have it, although I have unlocked the pin, which has been accepted, since I have noted this down.  I do not remember creating a password for the device, since this is not the Blackberry ID,, would you be able to give me information about how to obtain the details on the password, or how to reset.it.  I have Blackberry desktop software loaded on my PC and can easily enable your engineerto login into the phone to reset it.

R. Shah

Authorized Application developer

IncandescentViews.com

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If I understand your post correctly, your issue is with the user-created device lock password...not the BB ID credentials, not a SIM lock password, nor any other credential.

As such, there is no bypass. The device lock password is indeed user-created...there is no other way for it to be created, other than by the actual human user. Further, there is no way to bypass it...there is no "master" or "override" password...only that user-created password can unlock the device.

If you truly do not know the password, then after the maximum number (default = 10) of failed attempts, the BB will execute a complete WIPE.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................