Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Passwords

I have just got a blackberry Curve 8320. It was a free upgrade from Orange To set it up and copy over my contacts and calendar I uploaded the CD of the Blackberry Software, and was able to put all the data on the new device. So far so good. I put in a password on the device to lock the keyboard, and that worked OK Then I decided to download software updates for the Desktop manager and the device. Here there was a problem When the software was downloaded and put onto the PC and the Device both PC and device asked for the password: so I put in the Device's keyboard password, the only one I had ever used. Now i have made 9 unsuccessful attempts to put in a correct password I will lose all my data from my device if I put the wrong password in. I have read the advice about the keyboard changing to text appearing on the device screen rather just seeing asterisks: I have typed in "blackberry" to keep going, but now I am stymied. What is my next move? I have not yet registered the blackberry yet as I am required to go to "Options" on the device, but I cannot get into the device as I cannot put in the correct password. What do I do next? This message is from Piers Armstrong: if anyone can help me I would be most grateful
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Passwords

are you sure it's asking for the device password ?
and not for the keystore password ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: