Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: VZW

PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

I recently followed the prompts to install the latest BlackBerry App World on my Tour.

I was prompted to create a BlackBerry ID, which I did. I was asked as part of the process if I wanted to link my old BlackBerry App World purchases to this newly created ID. I said yes, and entered my PayPal credentials.

I'm certain that I'm not improperly entering my credentials. However each time I submit, I get a PayPal Service Error (error ID 30972) message.

Has anyone else had difficulty with this process? Does anyone have recommendations for a solution?

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

- John Lennon
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: A1

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

Hey

I've the same situation. Is there a special support address where i can get support. Paypal support cannont help.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

Iam getting the same thing here, its been going on for 3 days now. Paypal is no help, They say its RIMs problem.

My Device: Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Has anyone found a correction for this problem? I am having to same error massage

New Contributor

I want to also add that I tried deleting app world, rebooting my BB and reinstalling app world.

Same results.

This stinks!

- John Lennon
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same problem, error code 31202 when trying to log into PayPal from inside App World.  No problem to log in PayPal from my computer or my PayPal app on the same Blackberry.

Called PayPal and they cannot even see when I attempt to log in via BB App World.  Proof that it is not a PayPal problem.

Also tried deleting and re-installing several times, no help.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Same thing here. I am surprised at the lack of support...

New Contributor

"I am surprised at the lack of support..."

I would have to agree with you. Extremely disappointing. 

- John Lennon
New Contributor
My Device: 9650

[ Edited ]

Hey to all, I registered to this site simply to tell you guys my solution to this issue. Hopefully it works for you, I downgraded my paypal account from business to personal and it worked immediately after. I had the same issue that you guys are having since Friday. I called Sprint and I was blown off every time, I opened up a new paypal account to no avail. Finally I decided to try one more thing which was downgrade my account to a personal one and it worked. Hope this helps.

If by any chance none of you are on a business account (Paypal), then try to make sure that the information on the paypal account resembles that of the blackberry ID (I.E. same name, address, phone number etc), I think that the information has to be the same. My business account worked fine with BB App world 1.8 but not with 2.0, I guess that 2.0 has a more sophisticated way of matching accounts. (IMO)

New Contributor

Thanks Alexis!

I wish downgrading my account from business to personal was an option. It is not.  Still hoping for any additional suggestions....

I really appreciate that you took the time to register and post; I actually also registered and posted initially with the hope I could get help with this issue.

All the best...

- John Lennon