Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9650

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

[ Edited ]

Inorarubinoff

it is not an option as in (1) your company doesn't allow you to downgrade the account? or that (2) the online account editing functions of paypal don't allow you to downgrade? if it's number #2, I had to call paypal to downgrade, they did it without any issue, hope this helps.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

@AlexisAbrante thank you for your suggestion, but this is not the issue in my case.  I was on the phone with PayPal and trying to login at the same time.  They could see that my login never registered in their server.  It did hit when I logged in from my computer or my PayPal BB app, but never when I tried to login via BB App World.  Therefore, the issue is not whether I have a business or personal account, but the fact the BB App World does not get me to the PayPal server.  This is clearly a Blackberry App World bug.  We just need someone at RIM to own it and we can have a solution.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wilarmstrong,your error message is 31202, mine was 30972. But, you do make a good point. Before I decided to downgrade my paypal account to a personal account (this morning) I tried opening up a new account. Opening that new account changed the error Id from 30972 to 31202. My last option was the one that worked for me (I really mean "LAST"), I exhausted all of my other options. I redownloaded BB APP world, I cleared my browsers cache, I resent my service books, I changed my paypal password like 7x, I changed my primary e-mail, spoke with Sprint CC like 5x, I tried logging in using multiple access points (Wi-Fi). If downgrading my account status via paypal would have not worked, I would have redownloaded BB Appworld 1.8 (All jokes aside)

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Hi

I just registered so i could post my comment about this. I was having exactly the same problem and i tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, taking the battery out etc and nothin worked.

When i went to my paypal account i realised i already had an existing previous account that i used once to purchase something from ebay. So i went to paypal and deleted my new account and kept my old one.

Then i re-registered with the blackberry app using the same login and password as my old paypal account, probably not a good idea, but anyway it seemed to work. So now i can download any app, and it even gives me the option of using paypal or a separate credit card.

Its a shame BB dont have a customer service centre for issues like this.

Good luck, i know how annoying it is!

New Contributor

@ NaylaNayla, thanks for your post. Our issues were more or less along the same track. Mine was that I had my paypal registered as a business account, downgrading it to a personal one solved my error 30972 issues. Yours was the fact that you had two accounts and deleting one solved the issue. At this point I am close to making a conclusion that the paypal account that we link to our app world has to have closely matched information with the blackberry ID's information. Any discrepancy and the error will automatically prompt you, (IMO)... Hopefully RIM will come up with a solution that allows us to link any paypal account so long as we know the correct e-mail and address to log-in.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: VZW

@Alexis -

You asked earlier if my PayPal downgrade issue was a corporate one; it is. 

I saw your comment about downgrading to 1.8 App World and was intrigued. Where can I find a previous copy of App World to download and install?  I'll just go that route until RIM gets its act together.

Best,

Nora

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans."

- John Lennon
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nora

I believe that similar to me, your problem lies in the status of your paypal account. As far as downgrading to 1.8, it'll be difficult to find a link, though not impossible. If I find it I will surely let you know. In my case it would have been easy since I also have a tour, my tour is running 1.8 therefore I would have transferred the App to my bold  via BBDM..... You can try calling your carrier to see if they have a link in their archive.

Alex

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

RIM's apathy to this problem is infuriating.  Now I have an icon indicating there are 9 updates to apps waiting for me, but of course I cannot download them due to this Blackberry App World failure.  I used to be such a Blackberry fan.  What amateurs!

New Contributor

@wilarmstrong, your current dilemma with the fact that you can't update apps was my primary motivator in continuing to call Sprint to get a solution to the error. Hopefully this BB APP world issue will become a priority for RIM in the short-term.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Just downgraded my paypal account back down to personal. Nothing.