Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

PayPal? What were they thinking?

PayPal is pathetic! What was RIM thinking when they did not include a credit card option? I would like to have several of the available apps but will not even consider PayPal. Come on guys get with the program.
Contributor

Re: PayPal? What were they thinking?

You can have PayPal charge a credit card instead of coming out of your bank account.  I do it all the time.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Actually I was thinking the same thing. Don't know why they decided to go with Paypal as a processor. Perhaps they could have at lease consider google check out. But I think they are thinking it would streamline the process for people who already have a paypal account or something.
Witness an evolution
buisness credit card machines

I totally agree with the OP.  I was excited when I first read the app store was released. But I will never use PayPal.  Please RIM, give us another option to pay for apps.
Developer

I'm glad that they went with PayPal if they had to choose one method exclusively.  I also have an app out for the Android platform and they're forcing me to use Google Checkout which doesn't even allow recurring payments which makes it a huge PITA for me.  PayPal's system was super easy to integrate with and I have a working licensing system using their solution.

[ Edited ]

As far as i can see, my use of paypal is still convenient. Well there are time which you encounter a little errors. But still i find it good to use.

EDIT: Removed link.

Message Edited by MohA on 05-26-2009 10:47 AM
New Developer

I once used PayPal, but right after they took several hundreds of dollars from me I quit! Never used it again. Very not convenient to use.

Najala Greene

Dallas Merchant Accounts

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Paypal is ok but they are very unproffesional when it comes to the end user and getting issues resolved. I have seen and heard way too many negative things to want to use paypal exclusivly. I use it when I have to and would prefer to never use it at all.

I prefer google checkout even that they dont offer recurring billing.