Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Paypal payment errors 569013 and 580023

[ Edited ]

Playbook running OS 2.1.0.1526.

I've bought a few apps before using the same Paypal account (no changes in email, password, or credit card). After each purchase I cancelled this preapproved nonsense in my Paypal settings. It didn't cause any problems then. My Paypal works correctly (tested today on eBay). For some reason I'm not able to make a purchase on BB AppWorld.

I'm trying to buy Play-a-Book (an App for audiobooks). When I click on "Purchase" and sign in with my BBID I get "Confirm Purchase" dialog box. Clicking "Buy Now" gives error 569013 but when I try to modify Paypal information buy typing my Paypal password I get "Problem encountered with Paypal authorization. (Error 580023)".  Typing, as a test, incorrect password lead to "Invalid Paypal email address or password".

I've tried the procedure described in KB19753 (both: on my Playbook and PC). On Playbook error 580023. On PC after step #4 (Click Pay with PayPal) nothing happens (the page remains unchanged). I normally use Firefox (and even disabled most addons and installed AppWorld plugin) but exactly the same happens in IE and Opera.

I've spend last 3 hours trying to solve this problems. Does anyone have an idea what to do next? I may try Amex gift card when I get one as a rebate.

New Contributor

Re: Paypal payment errors 569013 and 580023

For some unknown reason I was able to make the paypal payment today. 569013 error was still there but error 580023 did not come up this time.

....but I have to cancel the  preapproved payment plan (sigh).

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The pre-approved payment plan is actually required. But that actual transaction does nothing to exchange money, but simply enables the future use of PayPal to purchase via AppWorld. No actual financial transactions happen until you initiate them (by buying an app), but that pre-approval instrument must be in place in order to enable those future transactions. I've had the pre-approval authorization in place for years now, and never have had any problems with AppWorld ever taking any unauthorized money from me.

If I had to guess, I'd guess that creating and removing the pre-approval transaction every time may well be causing some system confusion of some kind. You might try going into PayPal and deleting all of the old pre-approval records (I think you can do that...I've not tried in a long time) and starting totally fresh and clean, but consider leaving the pre-approval in place rather than deleting it every time you use it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thanks for your response.

I understand how the preapproving works but I simply don't like. I always log in into my Paypal account and delete the BB preapproval when I'm not going to make any purchase in the near future, so this time the record was clean as usual. I almost (fortunately my bank called me before sending the payment) got burned by another company years ago (so nothing to with BB) and I've been extra careful since then. I also don't see how it is necessary for BB AppWorld to function properly. That it is done behind the customer's back doesn't help the case either. You learn about after your first purchase in an email from Paypal which is easy to miss among various payment confirmations. You must find out by yourself how cancel it in Paypal but you CAN'T remove it from your BB account (you can only switch to different real Paypal account). And why the ridiculous $1,500 limit (though it is not clear how much exactly it is)? Next time I will try to use a prepaid credit card.

I'm using the Playbooks (my wife has another one) because I paid a nice sum for them and I'm not going to spend more money on tablets right now. So I'm stuck with my Playbooks but BB lost my trust because of the preapproving issue; the same with Paypal (although I really stopped liking them some time ago for other reasons).

It does not belong to this thread but just to vent my opinion: I'm also disappointed with the scarcity of good applications, especially: GPS apps (even so-so), decent web browsers (i.e. with selective flash, java script, cookie, and ad blocking, and better bookmark management), or media players (not impressed with KalemSoft). There is not even a trace of a rudimentary firewall (for any real control of what my apps are doing). So far only Book Reader is a pleasant surprise.

Oh! And the lack of Delete key in the onscreen keyboard is irritating (cursor arrows could be also useful sometimes)!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK, well, there's really nothing I can do to address what remains of this...most of the questions are "why" questions, for which I certainly can have no insight into.

So good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................