Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Idea Cellular India

Pear 9105 RED Light and the Empty Battery Chargin Sign

THe last call i disconneted happened to be the last call.

THe phone refuese to start.

When connected to the BB charger the red light comes on steady for about 10 seconds and off

After about 5 seconds the battery charging sign comes on remains...

I tried to reinstall the OS 

But the desktop fails to reconnect  to the JVM after the up date and then en error on the desktops says failed to reconnect at this time the phone still shows the Battery charging sign

One interesting observation here would be that when i open the Apploader or even the device manager for that matter my BB pin is listed there..

THe device is 2 years old and this is the first ever issue.

I tried the usual deep charging.... battery removal and stuff.....

Any help would be appriciated

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Pear 9105 RED Light and the Empty Battery Chargin Sign

Hello,

Not having any ability to know what you mean by "and stuff", all I can do is provide this, which may be redundant...but I can't know...

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain directly connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB, not a cradle):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain an known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem. Note carefully please that "new" and "know good" are not necessarily the same things. While rare, a "new" battery certainly could be defective. Rather, the simplest (and least costly, btw) method to conduct this test is to find someone with an identical BB who has no issues...trade batteries and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

"and stuff" ..... Includes Letting the phone rest without battery....... charging the phone for 2 days.... pulling out the battery at odd intervals..... etc..... the usual stuff that generally works on smart phones....

The battery is confirmed good i tried it on another BB pearl Ihave . I have a stdby battry also I tried that as well.Bo luck

I tried the 4 hrs method . No luck

after two hours all I could feel was that the handset (due to the battry) was a bit WARMER not hot....

I pulled out the battery and the the red light came on then after about 15 seconds an empty battery with a big red cross was displayed..... 15 min and I put it back......    waited 2 hours.... no luck...

I tried the app loader to reinstall the software.... the loader say connecting to JVMafter the installl but thats about it.

NO LUCK WHATSOEVER

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

OK thanks...amidst that, I think we have a result from the 2nd half of what I suggested for testing. And I think that result is that the battery is fine, and hence the BB is the problem. Hence, we move onto other test scenarios...on the assumption, of course, that you do wish to continue trying...from your responses, I just can't tell.

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

I do wish to get it up and back working......

I have a BB Pearl 9105 ! No Escape key..... any how the safe mode process wants the initialisation bar to come.... I never reach that stage.

I tried reinstalling the software..... THe app loader installs the software bu then it waits for re-initialisation  and conneting to JVM..... thats it.... nothing moe at this time the screen still diplays the Battery with the bolt (With the battery inplace )   Battery with  a big red cross (no battery in place , as per KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state)

Hall of Famer III

OK...please try this on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below. (moot in your situation)

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now try again these tricks (I gave you all 3 before, but you only mentioned that you tried one of them). If any of these instructions state to use an Update Website or something, please substitute the Desktop Software, as installed above, and/or LOADER.EXE as applicable to the method:

Do of course be aware that if there is some sort of hardware fault, then no amount of information we can give you can help...by continuing to try different things, you can rule in/out various software/OS level causes, but there is no way to truly diagnose a hardware problem. Only an in-hand evaluation by a qualified hardware technician can give you that type of diagnosis.

Contributor

I did try all the three you mention. They essentially do the same thing..... I tried using the apploader directly.... I trie forcing the Desktp software to update and the the nuked berry as well. But all of them come and get stuck at the point where JVM is trying to get connected.

I consider it a hardware issue and take it to a vendor lets see what they have to say....??

>> Solution not found, by mistake pressed the solution button<<

Hall of Famer III

anirudhashish wrote:

I did try all the three you mention. They essentially do the same thing..... I tried using the apploader directly.... I trie forcing the Desktp software to update and the the nuked berry as well. But all of them come and get stuck at the point where JVM is trying to get connected.

OK...can't fully correlate from those words to the specific processes, but my understanding is secondary at this point.

anirudhashish wrote:

I consider it a hardware issue and take it to a vendor lets see what they have to say....??

Question marks? Not sure if you are asking, stating, or something else there...

anirudhashish wrote:

>> Solution not found, by mistake pressed the solution button<<

Fixed.

Contributor

At least something got fixed!

I'l give the phone to a vendor and will wait for him to come up with the key.