Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Pearl 8120 Resets / locks up automatically

[ Edited ]

I have been using my new 8120 for a month and am noticing it seems to suddenly reset itself in the middle of composing a text and at some other times, for no good reason....has anyone else experienced this behaviour.  Egg timer rotates for 2-3 minutes. All very frustrating.  

Has any one got any ideas??

Message Edited by JohnW on 04-23-2008 06:47 AM

Re: Pearl 8120 Resets / locks up automatically

Yes, I also got this problem, I'll keep you posted once I found a solution.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have an 8100 updated to OS 4.5 and a brand new 8110 that came with OS 4.3 and have experienced the exact same thing. Very frequent resets. I've researched this online and have verified at least for me that it is due to use of the memory card. On each phone if I restore my music, pictures, videos, etc. from a backup or even load fresh using the BB as a thumb drive or even copying media directly to the card using an adapter in my laptop, it will reset all the time. If I turn off media card support in the settings it stops. If I reformat the card in the Blackberry itself and then only take pics and stuff with the Blackberry itself, it doesn't reset.

I have NOT tried using the BB Desktop Roxio Media Manager because it is a bloated piece of crap, but all other means of moving media to the card cause this same problem. I've seen on these forums that Storm users are having similar problems, but I don't have one to know if its caused by the card or not, but I suspect it is.

In all prior OS releases (OS 4.2 and earlier), I have used the same data/card without any issues whatsoever.

Let me know if this fixes your problem. If not, I'll bet this still IS a problem, just that you are having some issues with rogue 3rd-party software on top of the memory card problems.

My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, i have a second hand blackberry device (Pearl 8100), originally 4.3 BUT:

-BB was used by my mother, she bakup/erased the database AND after installed 4.5. however, her email acount icons still apearing.

-After a short use, i noticed that my device hangs while it is doing something in foregrount and its related to media card.

-After looking a lot in google, i found two guides to fix some bugs (I wiped out the devide, then i asked provider for activating my accounts.)

-Then i did a hard reset replacing the batery and some hacks in order to make the multimedia player read my songs.

I made default permissions to dismiss privileges to user data. but hang on stills some minutes later than i put on the device, wherever browsing, playing musing or absolutely doing nothing at all.

I asked my mother and she never had these troubles. she said she never used the multimedia device. even i tried running the machine without card, and still hanging.. please help.