Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Pearl 8130 Desktop Manager Failed

Re: Pearl 8130 Desktop Manager Failed

For some reason I couldn't include text on the previous post.

I've had an 8130 for about 4 months and it has worked very well.  However, went to sync Desktop Mananger and keep getting "BBDM has stopped working.  A probem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notifiy you if a souluiton is available."

I'm using Vista and have DM 4.3.0.17.  I've turned off my security programs, uninstalled DM and reinstalled using the Sprint disk that was supplied when purchased, and pulled the battery out of the phone.

I don't recall doing anything new with my laptop or downloading any unusual items.  I've run out of ideas.  Please help if possible.

Thank you!

New Contributor

Did you ever get this resolved? I have a BB 8330 and have had the exact same issue....it worked for about 2 months after i got it then the error...I've done everything, Verizon tech support...BB tech support...uninstall/reinstall...nothing has fixed it. I even deleted everything out of outlook and started over. The odd thing is that everything EXCEPT the calendar will sync....it's just when it gets to the "processing device calendar" is stops syncing and I get the 'DM Has stopped working' error and it closes.

Any fixes out there?

Highlighted
New Contributor

have you added any application on BB affecting calendar (as Facebook?). It cost me two days before understanding that facebook has its own calendar and it affect the sync. I fixed it modifing default settings: look at this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8100&message.id=15300&query.id=468906...

For me it fixed the problem!