Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Pearl 8130- getting music from a mac

i just purchased a pearl 8130 yesterday, can't seem to figure out how to get music on it. i've looked things over many times.. from what i've picked up, the desktop manager doesn't run on a Mac. the Bluetooth option hasn't worked as it says - Device does not have the necessary services. i've tried to use pocketMac, but again i'm dumbfounded...

and help would be great.. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Re: Pearl 8130- getting music from a mac

I have a PC and I can't add any of the songs I purchased in Itunes...
Regular Contributor

I have an 8130 and a Mac as well.  I bought a memory card with a usb card reader on ebay.  I believe I got a 2Gb card.  I plug the card reader in with the card and drag and drop music from my iTunes onto the card.  Then insert the card into your phone.    I haven't been successful at making playlists on or off the phone, but I can play my music from the list on my phone.

Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I also have an 8130 Pearl and a Mac.  I purchased Missing Sync software. I had trouble getting the thing to sync the first time, but a restart of computer and a soft reset of Pearl seemed to solve the problem.

When you are trying to get music to your smartphone, make sure it's in MP3 format!  If your music is in ACC format it will not sync. I found that out after some major research!

And no, you can't put purchased tunes on your Berry.