Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Pearl 8130 will no longer sync with Outlook 2007 or Entourage 2008 Calendar via USB

I currently have the Pearl 8130 v4.5.0.77 running Desktop Manager v4.7 on my office computer (Windows XP) and Pocketmac on my home computer (iMac OS 10). I do not utilize the BES - all syncing is done via USB.

I previously used the earlier version of DM and had no issues syncing all information between the BB, iMac, and XP machines.  Now I can no longer sync any of my Calendar information - one-way or two-way - to or from the BB to either computer.  My, tasks, contacts/address book all sync without issue. 

I've read through the various threads in this forum (and other online forums) and tried the various fixes with no success.  Any help is much appreciated.  The calendar sync is critical otherwise my Pearl could be cast to swine.

Re: Pearl 8130 will no longer sync with Outlook 2007 or Entourage 2008 Calendar via USB

I had the same problem.  I found this answer in the Solution Center and it worked.  I found that after adding Facebook to my BB it had changed the default calendar.  This Resolution fixed it!   Smiley Happy

Resolution 1

To resolve this issue, change the default calendar service book by completing the following steps:

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options > Advanced Options > Default Services.
  2. Change the value of the Calendar (CICAL) field to the desired calendar service book.
  3. Save the changes and synchronize again.

Resolution 2

Upgrade to BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0.97 or later.  For instructions, see KB03901.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pearl 8130 will no longer sync with Outlook 2007 or Entourage 2008 Calendar via USB

GREAT! it really helped me after two days of suffering!

Thank you

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I've got the same problem, but both options aren't helping me.

I'm running 4.5 (on Telus) and under the options>default services, changing to the email it should be doesn't sync. It's seems like it doesn't recognise the device calender anymore?

I should mention I'm running BIS email only and would just sync with the Outlook that is on a work email address. Never had a problem before and when I look at the existing calender events in my device, they appear to be linked with my BIS email address.

Any help is much appreciated.

Message Edited by kmdubya on 04-30-2009 05:02 PM