Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telstra

Pearl 9100 wont recharge

My Pearl 9100 battery ran completely flat. I tried recharging and got a battery sign with a red cross. I then persisted and now have the battery symbol with a yellow lightning bolt but still not charging. I have swapped for a new battery,  tried to charge for 12 hours but still noting. I have been trying the mentioned advice of removing the battery while on charge and replacing  (4 times) but still nothing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Pearl 9100 wont recharge

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you describe, you have tried all that I normally recommend...except for one subtlety. "New" and "known good" are not necessarily the same thing when it comes to trying a different battery. While rare, a "new" battery can be defective.

The best way to satisfy that test is to find an identical BB that does not have this problem...trade batteries and see what happens. If the other BB works fine and yours still does not, then its your BB itself that is the root of your issues.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BB Pearl 9100
My Carrier: Telstra

Thanks for confirming my actions so far.

I can confirm the bateery is OK.

Is there any benifit in unloading all software and rreloading?

If so can you give some advice on how I do this?

Thanksa gain

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

BBAC wrote:

Thanks for confirming my actions so far.

I can confirm the bateery is OK.

OK.

BBAC wrote:

Is there any benifit in unloading all software and rreloading?

If so can you give some advice on how I do this?

Well, if the BB won't even boot up, there's no simple way to do that. Rather, all that is left are the most drastic recovery methods:

FYI -- hopefully you already have a good backup, because it's likely that your data is already gone from the device and there will be no chance to take a backup now with these drastic measures.

FYI 2 -- note that if the problem is the BB hardware itself, there's no amount of internet-distance diagnosis or remedies that can help. Only in-hand evaluation by a qualified technician can provide any help if it's the hardware. All we can do is deduce perhaps to that being the root cause...but that's not a replacement for an in-hand evaluation and diagnosis.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................