Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: unlocked

Pearl 9105 3g can't update to OS 6 please help

hello a little help here I bought this BB for OS 6 but I can't update it to OS 6 I used a curve 9300 before and loved the OS 6 I returned it to the company and I bought myself a 9105 3g so I need help on updating pearl 9105 3g to os6

I tried the online update and it doesn't recognize os 6 as an update

I get this error when using loader.exe

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

my desktop manager doesn't recognize os6 as an update Im stuck with OS 5.0.0.884 bundle 1476 platform 6.2.0.94

I installed the OS I downloaded here to my pc then used bbsak to load the OS 6 (official OS from Telus)

this is the steps I did

this is the version I installed it also shows up in the drop down box in the bbsak 9100_9105AllLang_v6.0.0.481_P6.6.0.151

when I click load OS it goes to the application loaderwizard

then I click next it shows usb pin

click next again it retrieves device information

then here I get stuck device application selection

"The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator"

I even deleted the vendor.xml can anyone help

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: unlocked

Re: Pearl 9105 3g can't update to OS 6 please help

this is where I get stuck on the step 3 of the how to reload an os

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Pearl 9105 3g can't update to OS 6 please help

please read this tutorial:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: