Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: O2

Pearl 9105 wont start up!

Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me here, i've been trawling through forums for hours trying to find some advice!

I have a BB pearl 9105 that i bought about 4 months ago in the UK, i was using it on 02 when i was there. the phone was unlocked and has worked perfectly until last saturday evening when i went to check it and it had simply died. There was plenty of charge left on the battery when i had checked it a few hours earlier.

Now nothing happens when i try to turn it on, no red light and a battery pull doesnt do anything either. When i plug it into charge a red light appears for about ten seconds and then goes off. After this a battery symbol appears on the screen with a charge symbol through it. Thats all that happens. when i take out the battery the same thing happens but with a battery and an X symbol through it.

I downloaded and installed DM and tried to update the phones OS but at a certain point it seems to lose the connection. it stops at "reconnecting to JVM" and tells me to reconnect it, i dont disconnect it at any point'.

Can anyone help? I cant return ithe phone to the vendor as i am currently working in Uganda for another 2 months

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: telkomsel

Re: Pearl 9105 wont start up!

i got the same problem on Pearl 9105, tried almost everything to restore the software and no result Smiley Sad 

My Carrier: AXIS

that's exactly what's happening to me right now! do you finally got your phone back to normal? when i charge my phone, the battery symbol with lightning bolt came out but i charged it a whole night and the battery doesnt increase!

New Contributor
My Carrier: telkomsel

Nope! Did you try with a new battery? Just in case you had better luck than me Smiley Very Happy