Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8130
Accepted Solution

Pearl is rebooting everything

[ Edited ]

This has happened one other time.....That was my fault.

This time it happened after the automatic shutdown at night.  It never turned on in the morning.

I took the battery out for a few minutes.  Put it back in and it came up.  Except everything was gone..........

Fine, I have it backed up............but then it did it again later in the day.

Now it likes turns on for a few seconds....I see the screen and its white with the hourglass then it turn off and the red light comes on.

I cant seem to get past this.....????

It is a Pearl 8130

Little help

THANK YOU

Message Edited by Eckstaine on 10-30-2008 03:39 PM
Message Edited by Eckstaine on 10-30-2008 03:40 PM
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Pearl is rebooting everything

Sounds like you may need to reload the OS on your phone.

First download and install the Desktop Manager from here (4.6 without Media Manager is recommended): https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Next you can use the Backup and Restore feature present in the software to make a backup of all the data on your phone.

Next download and install the handheld software from here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

Afterwards try reloading the OS by connecting the device to your computer, open the Desktop Manager, then go into the Application Loader. This will open a wizard that steps you through reloading the OS onto your device. More detailed steps can be found here:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03485

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Well, maybe I am getting somewhere.  But now on the Pearl screen it says this.

JVM Error 547

Flash Write Failed

Scroll for Available commands

And the first command list is RESET, followed by continue,VM internal TEST, VM times, VM Stats, UpTime, Track Time Slices, secure old objects, secure device mode, secure app mode, show VmPreserve, Sanity check enable, and a bunch others............

What you think

Thanks

Elite I

Yes, usually with a java error if resetting the device doesn't work, you'll still have to reload the OS
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

OK,  sitting here.  I amlooking at my BB desktop manager and I am in the application loader.  It say things like BB 4.3 system software and BB 4.3 Core applications.

If I hit next and continue this process..........it will solve my problems????

I am assuming this is my OS you are referring to????

Thanks Again

Elite I

Right most of those boxes should be checked. Everything checked will be updated/reloaded. Sounds like everything is going fine. Just continue through the wizard and you should be good to go.

Let me know how it turns out

New Contributor

New message is this........and it has loaded the OS

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multistage load operation.

Hour glass is spinning on the phone............

Advice......

Could be done by MIDNIGHT???

Thanks

Elite I

is that the first or last step that it's on?

New Contributor

I think the last....

On the screen on my BB this is the message.

JVM error 545 incompatible or corrupt filesystem.

And the reset option at bottom.

At verizon reloading OS just in case

Elite I

If it's not being detected may have to try reloading the OS in one of the following ways:

1. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03485
  2. http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F