Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Bell

Phantom calls

My blackberry sent out 4 phantom calls from my contact list when the phone was sitting by itself on a counter. How is this possible and how do I prevent this from happening again?

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Phantom calls

The touchscreen on my Bold has been phantom dialing random contacts that are displayed on my screen whenever I have the phone screen displayed. My finger doesn't have to be anywhere near the touchscreen. It's like it gets triggered by residual static electricity or something like that. It happens a lot, like almost everytime I am holding my phone before or after making a call. I really wish there was a way to lock the blankety blank touchscreen since I hardly ever use the touchscreen anyway. Although now that I think about it, one of the few times I use the touchscreen is to activate the speakerphone right after I get on a phonecall. I hate blackberry. I think the engineers who design the blackberry Bold should be forced to use the blackberry Bold. I don't care how good the Z10 is. Stop selling the Bold if it is an unsupported piece of ____. I bet all these random bugs get fixed real quick if the blackberry engineers are forced to suffer all of the same issues that us paying customers are used to.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 5 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Phantom calls

I Agree !!

this is 3rd time I am here for support and every time there is some lame excuse.

Next what will happen to your phone is bold will decide when touch should work ....... It started the same with me and  now I am looking all around wasting time trying to find a solution to fix it.