Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Sprint 8330

Phone Book not going home

I am really sick and tired of the phone book (Contacts) not going back to home position after a search or a call.

Next time you open the phone book to make a call, you have to clear the previous search.

Is there an advanced option to have the phone book to start at home every time?

Phone numbers would make a whole lot of sense if they can be displayed with spaces or hyphens (like any other standard cell phone)!

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Phone Book not going home

[ Edited ]

Hi Amy,

I don't no of an option to bring the phone book back to the beginning. It stays with the search parameters you put in to search your first call. When you brig it up to make a second call simply press the escape key it will clear your search characters in one move. You can then hit A to go to your first listing.  A dash is not allowed in the enter field when entering a contacts phone number. I consider it a convenience, but I can see where it could bother you.

Please let me know if this helps, or you need more assistance

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-06-2008 05:47 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter