Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Phone Call Log Deletes History and Messages 9700 Bold

(I have Copied this message here and in the 9000 series forum as I did not see there was a forum for the 9700 Smartphone so the error will show up on a search on either of the two forums.  Why have two forums anyway, seems a bit strange that the two are not consolodated ? )

I have a 9700 Bold and it keeps deleting History from the Calls List and Messages of Missed Calls from the Messages Envelope for no reason.

I have Keep Messages "Forever" set and to List "All Calls".

I have 116 Meg Free Device Memory.

I did not have this problem on the 8900 I had before it was upgraded to a 9700 by my Service Provider BT Mobile.

I did a backup of all databases on the 8900 and restored them all to the 9700.

When I noticed that the devide had deleted some of the calls and histry, messages by itself I copied the missing databases back onto the 9700 and it keeps hold of them for a while then deletes them.

The databases concerned are:-  Messages, Phone Call Logs, Phone History, SMS Messages.

I have also copied the same Messages, Phone Call Logs, Phone History, SMS Messages from my 9700 to my wifes 9700 and it too deletes the same calls and messages. 

My wifes phone has 125 Meg Free Device Memory.

With or without the missing messages, the memory on both phones remain the same when the backup is restored to the phone. The total of the 4 databases is 352.46K

I did a test to see when it deletes the calls and messages:-  I restored the databases at 11:00 today and checked to see that the messages etc where there. I then set the time on the phone to 23:58 and again checked to see if the messages were in the list. at 00:01 the list was checked and the phone had deleted them.

What is going on.

Please can some help.

Update 12:30 5th May, 2010 - My SP BT Mobile are looking into this error for me and are going to raise with RIM.

Question, why does no one from RIM ever answer any questions on these Blackberry forums, I wonder.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Turkey

Re: Phone Call Log Deletes History and Messages 9700 Bold

wipe your handheld and when you restored your device use in desktop manager advanged menu.(backup restore - advanged and move your datababes from backup file to device) And dont restored all old databases.  you should restored only your important information( like adress book, calendar)because some datababes will damaged your new device so  try that and if you have problem yet upgrade Smiley Frustrated

best regard

Blackberry support teams in linkedin ...join

For Russian