Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8110
My Carrier: O2

Phone Contacts - name of caller sometimes appears but generally just the number.

HI,

Hope someone can help. When I receive a call - despite the fact that I have saved the name and number - the name only appears some of the time. On most occasions I only get the number.

Is there any way to ensure that the name always appears. I have a Blackberry Pearl 8110.

Thanks in anticipation.

Des

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Phone Contacts - name of caller sometimes appears but generally just the number.

[ Edited ]

You might have enabled content protection mode. If content protection and key lock is enabled then you'll not be able to view the names of the contact even if the names are saved in your address book.

You'll have to disable them from Options -> Security Options -> General Settings -> Content Protection: Yes/No and Content Conpression: Yes/No.

Note: These direction path is as per BlackBerry device OS version 4.5

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Re: Phone Contacts - name of caller sometimes appears but generally just the number.

Tanzim,

Tried that but when I go into advanced options menu there is no option security settings ??

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

I apologize for guiding you in wrong direction. Find the updated post in the above.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Tanzim,

Thanks,

Have disabled the content compression but the content protection appears to locked to changing. Will see if this makes any difference.

Issue I cannot understand is that in the phone log the name will appear on every occasion.

Regards,

Des

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Deshutchinson wrote:

[...]  I cannot understand is that in the phone log the name will appear on every occasion. [...]

That's normal - has to do with the content protection ... something like when the phone rings, it is the network who is trying to make contact with your phone. So if content protection is enabled, then that means that anyone that is not you (or the phone itself) will not be allowed to see what's on the phone. When it is in the call log, then it is your phone looking for the info in the address book, so it's not going to need to protect the phone's info from itself ... hopefully that makes sense.