Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Phone Won't Turn on After battery died

Yesterday my phone completely died, causing my phone to shut off.  I have had it charging for about 8 hours and I get nothing.  The red light will come on for about 15 seconds, then off, then back on...

Any suggestions?

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Phone Won't Turn on After battery died

Are you seeing on the screen a battery symbol with a slash (/) through it?

Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots.

If not, no dead battery symbol... If your BlackBerry stays powered off with a black screen, follow the instructions below. The only indication of life might be the blinking red LED light in the top corner. Nothing seems to wake it up and Desktop Manager doesn't recognize any device is connected.

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I do see the battery symbol, sometimes.

Then it goes away after about 30 seconds.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

OK, then follow the first suggestion first. If the device is deeply drained, it could take several hours and several reboot attempts.

Then after about a day, move on to my latter advice.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for posting this Q/A.  I have the exact problem but neither solution has helped.  Tried the first every 3-4 hours for over 2 days.  Still has red blinking light.

Tried the second solution, but the PC to BB connection oscillates between connected and not connected about every 5 seconds (with the blinking of the light, and the PC giving an audible response to each connect/disconnect).

I can get to the "Wait for device initialization" step of the Application Loader.  It attempts to connect for about 3 minutes.  Then I get the below error:

"Application was unable to connect to your device.  Please reconnect your device, enter the password if required, and click try again."

Any further advice to get it to hard reset (or boot up at all) from this point?

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Update.  After a third day (70 hours) of charging and rebooting every 3-4 hours, it finally connected to the PC and updated the software.

Thanks guys.

Visitor
My Device: blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Jenya

i dont understand, in fact i am so confused!

i just had my blackberry unlocked, and in the shop he put my sim card in the new phone and it worked fine, but the battery was low so i switched it to my old phone for the time being, then i put the battery in the new phone and my phone now just doesn't turn on!

it goes to the start up line thing and shows blackberry at the font but it loads a little bit of the way and then restarts again..HELP PLEASE :'(

Contributor

Is the prescription still the same if it goes through the bootup process (the one with the little bar at the bottom of the screen) and freezes on the Verizon splash page, refusing to go to the security tests and my normal desktop?

Contributor

The solution involving the loader seems to have done the trick (after a little fiddling during the startup).  But all my data is gone.  Contacts, memos, my style sheet (or whatever it's called), basically everything not on my memory card.  Any hope of getting it back?

My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: digicel

please help i tryied leaveing it to charge for a day and taking the battery and puting it back in but it didnt work and now the red light dont come on when i plug the charger in every thing stays blank but when i take out battery with charger in i see the red ilght then the no battery symbol but i put the battery in and it goes blank no red light nothing please help