Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Phone application is using a lot of CPU

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I've been a blackberry user for several years with only a few minor issues.

Model: Curve 9300, provider- orange

This issue presented itself a week ago, seemingly unprompted by me. I didn't (intentionally) do a software update and I didn't download any new apps.

For the past week now, my blackberry's battery life has only been lasting about 6 hours at a time, maximum. Previously, it would go a full day or more without dying on me. I assumed this was just some rapid deterioration of the battery but when I did some googling today, I found that this is a common issue that a few people had in the summer of 2011. I have also noticed the little black timer appearing on the screen a lot at random points.

When I checked my CPU useage under the Application management section, it says my phone application has been in use for 16 hours of today, same for yesterday, however when I look back at the previous week, I see that I'd only used 20 hours in an entire week back when the phone's battery worked to a satisfactory level. I'm guessing this is what is draining my battery life and so buying a new battery won't resolve the issue. As I've been typing this, the phone useage has jumped up to 100% for no reason at all.

A few sources say to update my software but it says I have the newest version. (6.0 bundle 2534). 

Sorry if I'm a little useless about this, I've never even knowingly updated the software before so I may take a little guiding through everything.

Thanks to anyone who can help me!