Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Orange

Phone completely meffed

Hi

I am really having problems with my Blackberry Torch. It keeps losing signal and when it does have signal it fails, as it has invalid mandatory information or a number of other problems. I've tried restarting the device or looking for any updates that may solve the issues.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated,

Thanks

Richard

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

Re: Phone completely meffed

Hi Richard,

Have you tried checking your phone with another Sim card? Just give it a try and also check whether you sim is too old (May be old more than 3+ years) try to clean it little bit and try (don't rub is hard) finally if your phone has 3G connection options set to "On" Make if Off and go in the normal "2G" (GSM) connection and see. 

Tell me if this works and will give it a try with someother things later.

Cheers bro..!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Orange

Hi

Thanks for the advice. I've tried turning the 3G off and on and then putting in 2G - nothing. I've tried resetting it etc. It now says Invalid Sim :s. I don't have another sim at hand to put in the phone, or another phone to try the sim in.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 3G

if the error you geting is invalid sim then its all about the sim card. Here in ur county (Sri lanka) the sim cards are very cheap and i know in some other countried it's extreamly high in cost. 

Check with a new sim and if that works, give me a "like" Smiley Happy

Cheers..!